Information for Learner Drivers
Whether you are a complete novice, had some lessons before, or you feel you are nearly ready to sit your test, G & M Driving Centre will provide you with a personally tailored driving plan aimed at teaching you safe driving skills and techniques that will help you pass your driving test.
Everything will be done at a pace you are comfortable with to ensure that you are not placed under unnecessary pressure. G & M work together with all their clients so that we can identify what you are strong at and what areas of your driving may require a little more tuition.
Before you begin your lessons:
- You must obtain a provisional driving licence which allows you to legally drive on the roads with a qualified driver. You can apply up to three months before your 17th birthday. The application form you need is called a D1 form and is available from the Post Office, you will also need a passport size photograph to submit with your application. Alternatively, if you have a new style passport you can apply online at www.dvla.gov.uk you can simply enter your passport number and they can download your photograph from that. It usually takes three weeks for your licence to arrive. For latest prices and more information please check www.dsa.gov.uk
- If you have any concerns about your vision visit an optician for an eye test
- Make yourself familiar with the Highway Code so that you can recognise road signs and road markings etc.
- Don't get nervous, driving is easy and you’ll be in safe hands during your lessons
- You do not need insurance to drive our vehicles, but you do for any other
- You do not need any driving experience, we regularly teach drivers of all levels and competence
- Make sure you choose a professional instructor who can help you with both the theory and the practical driving test
- We recommend professional instruction, but you can also practice in another vehicle if you are accompanied by someone who is at least 21 years of age, they have held a full driving licence for at least three years and you display ‘L’ plates at the front and rear of the car. Always make sure you have adequate insurance cover.
© 2015 G & M Driving Centre Ltd | Listed Website Design | T: 01698 40 20 30